Vampire Slayer Forum Index Vampire Slayer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hmm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tool
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically when I started VSLeague I had suspected the name had been used before but I couldn't remember when and by who. Sorry if I took this name but hopefully it works better this time around and I'll pick up where this and other attempts left off. Hopefully VS still has enough gas left for competitive players and competitions.

Our server is the VSLeague server (obviously as those of you know still play know) and site www.vsleague.net as it says on the server name. Currently the site is under construction, but if you have site building skills let me know cuz that'd be appreciated.

-Skittles

gAnjA-mAgu
I fear for my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money on my paypal -> Your site up and running
Tool
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what that means unless your saying you want me to pay you to do the site. Considering your "level" of trustworthiness and ethics after what's happened its pretty amazing you'd even suggest it.

gAnjA-mAgu
I fear for my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly doubt there is anyone else in the vs community with the neccessary programming skills to complete a heavy tournament/bracket system or any other advanced scripts/extras you want, so if you happen to change your mind and are ready to pay for a very fast and high quality service we can talk about it by email ( magustus@mbnet.fi ). I've done a dozen decent websites for unknown people and ran several active communities and forums (not only vs-related).

It goes like this:

1. Client explains thoroughly what elements and content they want on their website
2. Estimated money cost
3. Money transfer
4. Website up (completion time depends on the amount content)

WEll there you have it. You know what to do if you want your site up and running.
Tool
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a guy that's supposed to help me when he has free time but his skills are limited. If you're talking like around 10 bucks and unban that's reasonable, but if you're taking like 100 bucks + or some crazy amount then nah. Since you never did it to my stuff just darks, only under a few conditions if we did:

1) You'd have to know plenty about forms and probably SQL for databases
2) You will not get access to the FTP and will just trade .html files
3) Just html and css not using php so that there isn't this backdoor crap
4) You can be sure I'd have the code checked for malicious code or gateways into the site
5) Suggestions are welcome but creative control solely falls on me. Pulling out half-way because you don't like a rule/feature/layout idea voids any agreement.

gAnjA-mAgu
I fear for my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a vs league site will cost above 100 bucks unless you really want some high-end content there.

But to answer your conditions..

1) I know just about everything there is to know about MySQL, HTML and PHP. No problem there.

2) I don't give crap about anything vs-related so what would I do with ftp access.. I'm just doing stuff like this for money these days. Btw I hope you mean .php files because you can't do shit with mere HTML.

3) Not possible, you need php to operate MySQL through the website.

4) Sure.

5) You plan everything, I create everything. Doesn't matter whether I like something or not.

Tool
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PMed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vampire Slayer Forum Index -> VSLeague All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: